The Sweetwater Union High School District needs two members on the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee. There is one vacancy for someone who is a member of a Business Organization (such as a Chamber of Commerce) and one vacancy for a parent of a Sweetwater Union High School District student and the parent must be active in a parent-teacher organization such as a school site council. Both open positions will serve through June 30, 2019 after appointment.
- The NEXT REGULAR meeting of the CBOC is on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at the Chula Vista Middle School, 415 Fifth Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910. The meeting will start at 6:00 p.m.
- CBOC Meeting Dates for 2018
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018: Bonita High School
- *Wednesday, March 21, 2018: Rooms A & B
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018: Southwest High School
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018: Hilltop High School
- *Wednesday, June 20, 2018: Wellness Center
- *Wednesday, July 18, 2018: Rooms A&B
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018: Chula Vista Middle School
- *Wednesday, September 19, 2018: Rooms A & B
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Wednesday, November TBD, 2018
- A Joint Meeting of the CBOC and Board of Trustees will be held on Monday December 7th in the Professional Development Center at 680 L St, Suite C, Chula Vista
The May 8th Friday Update to the Board of Trustees concerning Proposition O projects is available.
The Sweetwater Union High School District is pleased to invite you to attend a Groundbreaking Ceremony scheduled for Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 3:30 pm to celebrate the start of Phase 2 which includes the Modernization of the Special Education Classrooms (600 Building) and a Campus-Wide Deferred Maintenance for Electrical Grounding upgrade.
Your support for the voter-approved Prop O bond program has been invaluable to our efforts to make these developments a reality, and we would be most pleased to have you join us for this celebration.
- The 2013-14 Prop O Financial and Performance Audits are complete. The 2013-14 CBOC Annual Report was approved. All audits and annual reports are available here.
Join us on November 20th at 3pm at National City Middle School for the ribbon-cutting ceremony for National City Middle School Prop O Project 2. The new two-story classroom building connects to the two-story classroom building built as Prop O Project 1. It replaces 3 classroom buildings and allowed a new quad to be built next to the lunch shelter. Architect: LPA, Inc. Contractor: McCarthy Builders Inc.
CHULA VISTA — In conjunction with senior day, the Castle Park High softball team inaugurated its newly renovated field with a game against San Ysidro on Tuesday afternoon.
With students and fans in attendance, ceremonial first pitches were thrown out simultaneously by a group that included former Trojans softball great Dawn Wood and Ed Brand, superintendent of the Sweetwater Union High School District.